logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vindictass  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 9:27:02 AM(UTC)
Vindictass

Groups: Registered
Guinea

Fashion is cyclical, so, sooner or later, practically all trends come back around, to varying effects.

That said, all sorts of design movements in different directions are always happening simultaneously in fashion. Trends just represent the few specific styles that many designers are coincidentally expressing at the same time, hence, they stand out. These trends become more popular and trickle down to the public (late adopters) if enough fashion forward people like them.

When trends come appear in any given context, they are usually influenced by the current environmental factors (technological, social, political, economic, etc). For this reason, we may see more elaborate styles in men's dressing in future, but never to the extent of previous eras alluded to in the question details, because the lifestyles people led then were completely different. E.g. the costume of an 17th century aristocrat as shown below was highly elaborate yet completely practical for him, because he didn't have to do anything: He didn't have to work or otherwise exert himself. He maintained a retinue of servants and didn't even have to groom or dress himself as his valet(s) took care of that, which made living in such costumes easy. In contrast, this outfit would be highly impractical, even for a wealthy man in today's highly mobile world. Somehow, dashing to meetings or parties (even if via private jet or limo) in such an outfit daily would just not work.
JojoBaho  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 10:29:07 AM(UTC)
JojoBaho

Groups: Registered
Germany

When this interesting incident happened in my life, my girlfriend and I were both 18 years old. We live in the private sector, and the houses are practically next to each other. My friend and I used to walk next to each other on the lawn where the walnut tree was growing. We usually laid a blanket under the shade of the walnut tree and had picnics. On one such day, my friend and I arranged to meet in the afternoon. The weather was nice, so we decided to just go for a walk. And sunbathe under the same tree that we always spend time under. When we got to the tree and were about to spread out the bedspread, I saw the rope chains. The decoration looked insanely beautiful, and of course, I wanted to take it for myself. But alas, my friend noticed the chain too. We decided not to touch it, because we didn't want to fight about it, and maybe someone would come back for it.